March 1st – 15th of 2012, Day 76 – 90 of Morgan’s Investigation – I should be saying our investigation at this point!

Seagull feathers

Seagull feathers


Thursday, March 1st

11:30 am we met with Dr. Lonnie Zeltzer in California, she has now reviewed all of Morgan’s past and present medical history as well as the PER and Tox results, and the infamous page that explains a 7,909 ng/ml blood level of amitriptyline as “insignificant”, courtesy of Dr. Kurtzman, and she believes Morgan died when her heart stopped for only a few seconds, then her lungs would have automatically filled up with fluid and this would have been enough to kill her. She believes at this point the stress and fear of the stalker was the cause of her death and offers to talk with our Pathologist to improve the state of Pathology in Colorado. She feels that, without a doubt, Morgan’s death is a homicide. Steve and I were mere neophytes at this process of justice back then, we walked out of that meeting not even beginning to grasp the battle that has, and will ensue for our daughter, and all of the other victims laid to rest under a veil of lies.

UCLA Medical Center is nothing less than amazing.  It is what is known as a teaching hospital.  Some of the finest doctors in this nation have graduated from there, and the teaching never stops, improving your knowledge throughout your career as a medical professional. The absolute latest, life saving greatest, and there is a reason people travel without question to go there. From personal family experience USC is equally amazing as is the Mayo Clinic, well you have to see it to believe it, it is a small city unto itself.

I know there are a few with a very deep vested interest that this is not true, but Steve and I now know, without a doubt, in March of 2013 that she was murdered, first with a massive over-kill dose of amitriptyline, and at this time her death was still being called natural causes.  And thanks to Dr. Zeltzer, and the others she called upon to confer their opinion, even if she had not had the massive amount in her system of amitriptyline she still would have been a homicide victim, because of her stalker.

That afternoon we were, to say at the least, very shook up to hear all of this about our daughter.

At 3:00 pm we went to Steve’s appointment with his doctor in California.  Just in case you wonder why, after doctor’s across Colorado shook their heads solemnly at his chances years ago, specialists at USC had a different outlook, and we are endlessly grateful to have listened to those with the knowledge and the latest, life saving greatest, expertise. If only the one man involved in Morgan’s death had been as willing…if he had listened to these experts because they do know – they are at the epicenters of research, they are not pompous, condescending, they want the best for all, believe me, we are indebted to the passion with which they conduct their chosen profession, often without even ever knowing it.

Friday, March 2nd

10:30 am we went to meet and speak with Jennifer Shaffer – – Clairvoyant Medium & Psychic Investigator/Profiler – for the first time. Jennifer works with individuals, families, and police departments and has also worked with the FBI.  As a Psychic Medium Investigator she profiles suspects and locates missing loved ones through remote viewing. She spoke with us for over 4 hours – we were shocked at how time flew…we were told about her by a mutual friend, and she did not charge anything for her time – she says she does this type of work as a way of giving back. She was so sweet and kind, and not anything like I expected. Of course Steve and Morgan’s older sister were sitting at the table being very quiet, stiff and skeptical – which is a good thing, I believe when presented with someone you do not know, you should not automatically trust them. They now have come to know, and love Jennifer for the wonderful, and very gifted person she is.

I can not, and should not tell you everything she told us during that 4 hour period, but I can mention a few things. She said Morgan is in a beautiful place – it has a bright light, it is a very clean place (I laughed when she said that, because the morning we found her body her room was extra extremely disheveled, she is with all her animals around her (those that have passed before her and were waiting for her), Jennifer describes the stalker as skinny, dark thick hair, very scary and confirms the name Keenan is the stalker, he was in her room, his back to her closet door, she is seeing a window, he is watching her sleep. It continues on from there, but what I would like to tell you all is that so far all the information Jennifer has given us, as far as clues, or evidence goes has been confirmed 100% so even though a psychic’s testimony might not hold up in court they are just like any other witness – they can provide, as Jennifer herself calls them, just leads, and when law enforcement acts on those leads, and makes discoveries, that does become admissible. A good little system of checks and balances wouldn’t you say?

Saturday, March 3rd

We went up to the wine country, made famous by the movie Sideways with our daughter, her husband, and Steve’s best friend. It was really hard to pretend to be happy and to be in the moment but honestly being with people you love does help, and being by the ocean for part of the day helped a lot too, as it has such a grounding effect.

And then I received an email from my friend. She said simply – “We have to make sure Morgan is heard.” She believes when the word is out front and center, we will have the footing to push for a better protocol, even law (then what they have now), and a better registry system – same as with sex offenders.

I then received an email from Jennifer:

I know that Morgan wants everything that you said – to happen – her story needs to be out there and I know it will be a game changer for the future lives of other young girls who are helpless….. I know it might be a long, tough road ahead of us, but I also know that if any group can make this happen we can.

Your strength, Toni, is what has fueled this unfoldment into something that will help so many others. Your whole family is going to see this through.

What an amazing family – thanks again for bringing me into this ___, it is an honor to be part of a future where there will be more accountability, protection and eventually peaceful resolution with some closure.

Please keep me in this loop and call on me for anything. I love Morgan and I will make sure she can always be heard….

Sunday, March 4th

I spoke with our good friend (former Federal Special Agent) while driving to Steve’s brother and sister-in-laws house for a family dinner. We slept over at their house tonight. Steve’s brother will work on the website, and our sister-in-law has offered to help edit all written content. Steve and I do not really know what “it” is, but it is happening fast.

Monday, March 5th

Steve and I drive back to our daughter’s house tonight

Tuesday, March 6th

We returned the rental car, and we flew back to Aspen today. We picked up our pets, checked the mail boxes, went to the grocery store, and hardware store on our way home.

Wednesday, March 7th

I spoke with Thomas Walton at Farnum Holt Funeral Home about three errors in the Postmortem Examination Report – got his email to send him the edits.

I left a voice message for Dr. Kurtzman in order to get his email address for Dr. Zeltzer, I also emailed Dr. Zeltzer with Dr. Kurtzman’s fax # to send the info to him, that way just in case he doesn’t “do” email (as his secretary/assistant has told me over the phone) he will still get the information.  Dr. Kurtzman calls back in late afternoon – gives me his email for Dr. Zeltzer, scoffs at the notion that he does not “do” email, and asks me where I got that idea, I don’t tell, and accept the mistake as my own. I also left a voice message for the last doctor that Morgan saw, an educated guess, 34 hours before her death, to call me – and asked if they have they spoken with Dr. Kurtzman yet?  Detective Glassmire calls later on and we update each other. He tells us about the interview he is trying to have with Keenan about the picture up our driveway on October 18th to tell him that he knows its him in the picture.  We go to see our son, and his family and to tell them about all of the details from our California trip.

At 5:02 pm, Detective Alstatt sent a text, “Just got your message. Sorry had no service, was teaching at CMC. Detective Glassmire said he reached you. Hope all is well.”

Thursday, March 8th

Spoke with Morgan’s doctor – she says Dr. Kurtzman has not called her yet (I can’t believe he hasn’t called her yet, because we asked him to call her right after Morgan died for his notes, so he would know what Morgan’s doctor could report about that exam, and how she thought Morgan was doing). Dr. Zeltzer calls and tells us she should have all the material to email Dr. Kurtzman on Monday. Farnum Holt calls to say they can’t make any edits to the Coroner’s Report until they speak with Detective Glassmire & Dr. Kurtzman. This is of course just one of the many, “run arounds”, the two he must call are the very two who have told us to just tell him! They have told us independently that, “of course you are the ones who found her, and know these things, it is without question”. Well even her body position when we found her is still wrong, the FBI tells us there is no law against incompetence and I say, at what point does incompetence become something else altogether?

I never hear back from Farnum Holt again after that – they never sent us anything to confirm that they made any changes. We are now in the big endless loop of no communication whatsoever on their part, is this their way of dealing with things? The Coroner has never answered a call, but now it is across the board.  Do they think maybe we will just go away and just drop it, is that why I get so many emails from other people in this valley saying they wish they had stayed with it like Steve and I have? And the very notion of going away, after the week we just had in California, our daughter dead and the potential killer still free to prey upon the valley?…is beyond doubtful.

At 6:37 pm, I sent a text message to Detective Alstatt, “No problem – I spoke with Detective Glassmire. I am doing fine. Steve is having a harder time, but I feel like I can keep moving forward with things. Take care!” Detective Alstatt responded back, “you too :)”

Friday, March 9th

11:00 am, I meet with Dr. Knaus, Morgan’s PCP (to let him know Dr. Kurtzman might call him). Tracy (our new neighbor) comes over and we tell her about the California trip.

Went to our son’s house for dinner tonight.

Saturday, March 10th

Our son’s family comes over to the house for breakfast this morning.

Steve and I leave for St. Mary’s Glacier, just this side of Idaho Springs and arrive at 5:30 pm by the Mine in Idaho Springs to meet with our friend (retired Federal Special Agent) to discuss the latest on Morgan’s case.

Sunday, March 11th

We return from Idaho Springs this afternoon.

I was sent the following links today from a family member:

She feels we should look more into Involuntary Manslaughter.

Monday, March 12th

Steve finds a blade under the tree at 62 Corral Drive where we found saw something else previously – N saw details on the roof, Steve took and bagged the red chair with permission from Ken’s house as well.

Detective Alstatt is on her way over to collect evidence, some kind of double sided blade has been found under the tree at 62 Corral Drive right under the previous evidence that was already put into evidence.  At 4:09 pm Detective Alstatt sent a text, “Hey going back an forth with Detective Glassmire via text. He’s out of state and I just got done with interviewing a kiddo. Left a message for Steve. Trying to get hold of him….” Detective Glassmire sent me an email. I answered and told him we will make a list, and try to find pictures of any of Morgan’s missing items, like her items of clothing and jewelry.

Detective Glassmire wants me to have Steve look over cell phone bills, and let him know if we notice anything on a particular subject on the billing for the cell phone records. I’m certainly interested in knowing.

Jennifer calls and says she keeps seeing a water bottle (she didn’t know but Morgan always had her glass or metal water bottles with her in the car, and D said she was drinking only water all afternoon on that last day (he thinks from her glass bottle – we had two old cool looking, vodka bottles with snap on lids that we saved and Morgan liked to drink water out of, because she thought the water tasted better out of a glass bottle than out of a metal bottle) Jennifer thinks the water bottle had something in it that was slowly poisoning Morgan. She believes someone was doing this to her along with stalking her.

Tuesday, March 13th

I speak with the CBI as to how they can be brought into an investigation, and Patty at CBI says they have to be requested by local law enforcement. Toni sent Detective Alstatt a text at 1:35 pm “Megan please call me when you can – I just received an upsetting phone call Thanks” Megan responded “give me 5 minutes” I said “No problem thanks” This was about something I just heard about a new stalking going on.

Wednesday, March 14th

Diana Ross’ daughter Amanda was stalked, and shot when she walked out her front door. Diana was on Good Morning America, 20/20 trying to get the law changed so when you do take out a restraining order then there is a GPS tracker bracelet put on the stalker, and you will know if he is around. The Cynthia L. Bischos bracelet the Cindy Bracelet – L— is finding out if they can help with anti-stalking laws.

Thursday, March 15th

Steve and I go over to our old neighbors house and take pictures of the roof over Morgan’s old bedroom window, we are now convinced this is how the stalker avoided detection and was able to easily look into Morgan’s upper windows, and tap on her windows to scare her and never be seen. We also took pictures of the tree the stalker climbed up to the roof (very easily) and at the same point of the yard that the motion detector lights would always come on at night. I would hear scraping on the ceiling sometimes at night too, but thought it was birds or a mouse or squirrel. Boy was I wrong, and now that I have heard from so many people about someone living in their attic, or crawl space of their house unbeknownst to them I now know if you hear something on your roof at night you should just check it out. Have your local Law Enforcement check it out too, and of course let all the neighbors know. The price for the smallest oversight can become very, very large. Wasn’t it our grandmothers who told us that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?  Mine did, more than once, and I love you Nana.


2 thoughts on “March 1st – 15th of 2012, Day 76 – 90 of Morgan’s Investigation – I should be saying our investigation at this point!

  1. I am a skeptic when it comes to psychics and the like, so excuse this question’s tone. it is not meant to be offensive in any way. i just wanted to know… Has Jennifer Shaffer read your blog, or any other social media content before she gave her psychic evaluation? If not, how can you be sure when the Internet is accessible to all?
    Thanks –

    • No problem it is always good to be skeptical – Jennifer herself always says to take her suggestions as a lead to investigate, but I must say her batting average so far has been 100% on.

      No, we met Jennifer about 2 – 3 months after Morgan died, and I did not do anything on the Internet with the blog, or anything else until June 2012 on Father’s Day which was 6 months after Morgan was murdered. When we met Jennifer for the first time it was through a good friend who was also friends with Jennifer – she never charged us, she refused to here anything about Morgan beforehand, she didn’t even want her name, or a photo of her or any information about how she died…nothing. At the time we met Jennifer all we knew was that the Coroner had said Morgan’s death was natural, but the day before we met Jennifer we met with Morgan’s doctor from UCLA who had reviewed everything and shocked us with her statement that Morgan did not die a natural death, but that this was murder. We were still reeling from that when we met Jennifer, but never told her anything. We said hello and I gave her a piece of something Morgan was crocheting at the time of her death to hold, and WHAM Morgan came through, and we all proceeded to listen and cry for 4 hours. And as I have heard from other people that have had good experiences with Jennifer. She is a Psychic Investigator and Profiler and for us was absolutely right on…she has helped police with missing persons cases, fireman with arson, therapists with little children that are too afraid to open up…it really doesn’t matter what it is she is just one of those rare people that have been given a gift from God and chooses to use it to help people, and she has already helped so many. Like I said above, being skeptical is a good thing – there are people out there that are not like Jennifer, but purport to be the same. She is one of Shay Parker’s Best American Psychics, a 2013 Esteemed Member, tested, ethical and accurate. We are extremely blessed to have Jennifer as a friend, as well as part of our team.The Certified Psychic Society is a resource of trained, tested and validated Certified Psychic Professionals.

      I hope this helps to understand a little more about this.

I welcome your feelings and ideas on Morgan's Stalking