On August 2, 2011 our 19-year-old daughter’s stalker made his presence known to her. He was a stranger stalker, he did his very best to never be seen, and never tried to directly communicate with Morgan. We don’t know how long he had been surveilling her before that date, but from then on all he did was to try his best to terrorize her.
On December 2nd she was found dead. Her death was declared a “mystery” by the investigating officers. Many mistakes were made and her family has been on a path to correct these mistakes.
We can never bring Morgan back, but we can try to plug the gaping holes that allowed this tragedy to happen. We have a mission to:
- Raise awareness about the true dangers of stalking.
- Empower victims to take productive steps to protect themselves.
- Improve the protocol of responding officers.
- Hold those who aided the stalker responsible, along with the stalker.
- Champion Morgan’s law – In the case of an active stalking, if there is property damage or the victim is injured or killed, increase the resources to bring the stalker to trial and establish mandatory penalties.
In Morgan’s case, although 100% of the best experts who have reviewed her death believe it to be a case of homicide, she has not yet been determined officially to have been murdered and her felony stalking case has been reclassified as inactive by the Sheriff’s department. If that sounds like a win win for her stalker to you – we think the same thing, and aim to change it. Changing and improving the things that went wrong and failed Morgan will never end for her parents.
This BLOG is one of the tools of change. Read it for advice and to learn about the horror of Morgan’s death.
Click Here to read Morgan’s Stalking by day from the beginning.